We are a renowned Acetylene gas manufacturer, supplier and exporters in India. This Acetylene sometimes also referred as D A Gas, is a hydrocarbon. It is basically colorless fuel gas and used extensively in industries for metal cutting and brazing applications. Acetylene produces highest known flame temperature when mixed with Oxygen. Commercially it is produced by reaction of Calcium Carbide with water.
The Acetylene is highly unstable in nature and needs to be dissolved in a solvent called Acetone or DMF. Because of its highly unstable nature, Acetylene is always stored in Acetylene gas cylinders already saturated with required quantity of solvent.
Acetylene cylinders are basically of 2 types, Seamless and Three Parts Welded. Acetylene is sometimes also referred as Dissolved Acetylene because it has to be stored in dissolved state in a solvent.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass||Lower Explosive Limit
|Upper Explosive Limit
|1.1714 g/L stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)||26.038 g/mol||2.5||81|
Common Uses And Applications In Industries
- As a flame cutter for metal cutting / welding / brazing purpose.
- As a lighting lamp in mines and caves.
- As a carburizing agent / hardening agent in steel industry.
- As a gas in AAS – Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
- Some of the pharmaceuticals industry also uses Acetylene dissolved in DMF.